My name is Katie Bibri and I am the K-4 music teacher.
This school year will begin my 8th year of teaching. Being from this area, I started my education experience through YSU. I graduated in 2009 with a Bachelor's in Music Performance. I decided to return to YSU the following fall and I obtained my education certification in 2011. I taught for 2 years in Cleveland and moved back to the area for my first year at United. In the spring, I will begin the journey of obtaining my master's degree!
Extra Music Fun!
Fun Online Music Activities
- Quaver's Music:
- Students can create a FREE account using a parent email address.
- Explore the website for fun games and music activities!
- Classic For Kids:
In music class, students SOAR!
- Follow riser rules, use instruments and other classroom items properly.
- Stay in control, put materials back in their proper place, follow classroom procedures.
- Make music and put forth your best effort!
- Listen carefully when someone else is talking or singing, be positive and polite, and accept consequences.
Third Grade & First Grade
December 12, 7:00pm
March 10, 7:00pm
April 7, 7:00pm
May 5, 7:00pm
*All concerts take place in the High School Auditorium
What will my child learn in music?
All of the students will know that they are musicians when they enter the music classroom. Musicians are people who make music and know about music. Our one goal for the entire school year is to grow as a musician. Every class, we will talk about how we can all become better musicians.
Good Musicians know:
How to read and write music.
How to perform music.
All about kinds of music.
How to listen to music.
WHY MUSIC IS IMPORTANT!
I will strive for students to develop essential musical skills, use their musical knowledge to help further their understanding of history, their culture, and the world!