2019 Wall of Fame Inductees
United Local recognized the 2019 Wall of Fame inductees on Sept. 13, at 6:30 p.m. during the pregame show at the varsity football game. Five individuals and one team join the ranks of those honored for their outstanding accomplishments:
United Wall of Fame - Established 1997
Nomination forms for the United Local Schools Wall of Fame are accepted through May 1 of each year, for the Fall Induction of honorees. The Nomination Form (below) can be printed from the OR you can stop by the high school office to pick one up.
Individuals may be nominated for selection consideration in any one of the following areas:
1. Academic or Career Accomplishment;
2. Athletic Accomplishment;
3. Cultural / Performing Arts;
4. Outstanding Service to United Local; or
5. Special Honorary Achievement.
Since 2001, one additional award has been recognized (5) times. The Golden Service Award is a means of recognizing significant groups or individual contributors to United schools. Recipients of the Golden Service Award include the founding members of the United Local Board of Education, the Beta Theta Sorority, and the United Community Scholarship Foundation.
More information about the nomination process is provided on the nomination forms below. Nominations are due annually by the 1 st of May, nominations received after this date will be considered for the next year.
Golden Service Award
* Nominations for the current year are accepted up to May 1st of each year.
Induction and Recognition will take place in the Fall of each year.
About the Selection Process
Eligibility requirements for nominees:
1. Nominees should have established themselves as a good example for United students in one of the nomination areas.
2. Nominees must have graduated from high school at least 10 years prior to the nomination
3. Nomination of non-United graduates will only be accepted in the Special Honorary Achievement category
* Nominations must be submitted by May 1st to be considered for induction the current year. Starting in 2015, induction and recognition will take place in the fall of each year.
* Applications of nominees not inducted will continue to be reviewed with additional new nominations each year. Nominators may wish to submit updated resume information for consideration in subsequent years.